Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Twitter CMO Announces Emphasis on News (Leslie Berland / Twitter)
2. Facebook Admits Blocking WikiLeaks’ DNC Email Links, But Won’t Say Why (Nate Swanner / The Next Web)
3. How a New TV Network is Trying to Hook Millennials of All Kinds (Rene Rodriguez / Miami Herald)
4. Political Conventions are Proving Grounds for VR (Sahil Patel / Digiday)
5. Some of Yahoo’s Media All-Stars Looking to Leave After Verizon Deal (Brian Stelter / CNN Money)
6. The New York Times is Trying to Narrow the Distance Between Reporters and Analytics Data (Shan Wang / Nieman Lab)