Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Why the 2016 RNC and DNC May Go Down in History as ‘The Livestream Conventions’ (Chris Ariens / AdWeek)
2. NBC is Using BuzzFeed for Its Olympics Snapchat (Sahil Patel / Digiday)
3. BuzzFeed’s Newest Political Reporter is a Bot (Benjamin Mullin / Poynter)
4. A Breaking News Podcast? Marketplace Hopes to Capture Convention Drama as It Happens (Benjamin Mullin / Poynter)
5. Murdochs Have Decided to Remove Roger Ailes — the Only Question Now Is When (Gabriel Sherman / New York Magazine)
6. How the Internet Saved Turkey’s Internet-Hating President (Zeynep Tufekci / New York Times)