Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. ABC Relaunches Free Streaming Service With 7 Short-Form Originals, Full Seasons of 38 Older Shows (Todd Spangler / Variety)
2. Facebook Plans Live Video Push During Conventions (Hadas Gold / Politico)
3. Virtual And Augmented Reality Investments Up to $2 Billion Over Last 12 Months (Janko Roettgers / Variety)
4. BitTorrent Launches Streaming News Network at Republican Convention (Maureen Morrison / AdAge)
5. Live Streaming Breaks Through, and Cable News Has Much to Fear (Farhad Manjoo / The New York Times)
6. Remember Facebook Messenger Bots? The Washington Post Just Launched One (With a Few Bugs) (Joseph Lichterman / Nieman Lab)