Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. How The Dallas Morning News Went From Covering a Protest to Reporting on a Deadly Shooting (Kristen Hare / Poynter)
2. Want to Attract More Readers? Try Listening to Them (Liz Spayd / New York Times)
3. Why Did Facebook Block Our Reporting On Hemp? (Jeff Young / Ohio Valley ReSource)
5. As Online Video Surges, Publishers Turn to Automation (John Herrman / New York Times)
6. Twitter Exonerated This “Suspect” in the Dallas Shooting. Why Didn’t the Police Clear His Name? (Will Oremus / Slate)