Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Olympics in VR: NBC to Present 85 Hours of Virtual-Reality Content on Samsung Devices (Todd Spangler / Variety)
2. Secret Rules Make It Pretty Easy for the FBI to Spy on Journalists (Cora Currier / The Intercept)
3. AP’s Stories on Minor League Games are Computer Generated (David Ranii / The New & Observer)
4. Facebook is Shutting Down its Paper Newsreading App on July 29th (Casey Newton/ The Verge)
5. How Gawker is Pulling Comments into its Facebook Instant Articles (Lucia Moses / Digiday)
6. Amazon Prime Strikes Deal for Most PBS Children’s Shows (Josh Koblin / Thew New York Times)