Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Stop Using Google Trends (Danny Page / Medium)
2. Twitter’s Best Idea for Keeping Up with News Is Buried Too Deep (Alex Kantrowitz / BuzzFeed)
3. Mother Jones and Gawker Media Both Have Rich Enemies Who Want to Sue The Pants Off Them (Noah Kulwin / Recode)
4. Facebook Plays Favorites with Publishers (Lucia Moses / Digiday)
5. Exclusive: Google, Facebook Quietly Move Toward Automatic Blocking of Extremist Videos (Joseph Menn and Dustin Volz / Reuters)
6. How the Tampa Bay Times Retold Accounts of Choice and Chance at the Pulse Nightclub Shooting (Shan Wang / Nieman Lab)