Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Harper’s Boss Rick MacArthur On Blogging, Paywalls, His Editor Shakeup and the Future of Journalism (James Warren / Poynter)
2. $1,884 To Quote 300 Words From The New York Times In a Book: Two Authors Try To Stand Up For Fair Use (Shan Wang / Nieman Lab)
3. How The Economist’s Espresso App Goes Beyond Headlines to Provide a Daily Shot of News Analysis (Allison Shultes / Storybench)
4. Video Ads Won’t Save Digital Media From The ‘Clickpocalypse’ — But Selling Time Just Might (Max Willens / International Business Times)
5. Cable Companies Accused Of Violating Customers’ Privacy (Wendy Davis / MediaPost)