Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Gawker Stumbles to Traffic Low as Political Sites See User Freefall (Todd Spangler / Variety)
2. Mobile Ad Blocking Rose 90 Percent Last Year, Report Says (Amar Toor / The Verge)
3. In the Hamptons, a Small-Town Paper Is a Beacon in the Mayhem (Jim Rutenberg / New York Times)
4. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube Vow to Combat Online Hate Speech in Europe (Georg Szalai / Hollywood Reporter)
5. Gawker Smeared Me, and Yet I Stand With It (Stephen Marche / New York Times)
6. War of the Hashtaggers: What Constitutes Criminal Harassment In The Age of Social Media? (Alexandra Kimball / Toronto Life)