Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. How the New York Times Plans to Conquer the World (Joe Pompeo and Alex Spencer / Politico)
2. Why Big Digital Video and TV Networks Are Increasingly Becoming Production Partners (T.L. Stanley / AdWeek)
3. Facebook Must Be Accountable to the Public (Danah Boyd / Data & Society: Points)
4. The Toast Is Closing July 1st (The Toast)
5. Farewell To The Toast, Mallory Ortberg’s Utopia Of Feminist Humor (Claire Fallon / Huffington Post)
6. 43 Percent of Social Media Users Don’t Know Where the Stories They Read Originally Appeared (Lucia Moses / Digiday)
7. Nate Silver Has a Donald Trump Problem: Where Does Data Journalism Go Now? (Justin Taylor / Salon)