Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Millennial-Focused Media Company Mic to Experiment With Paid Subscriptions (Jeremy Barr / AdAge)
2. Social Network Algorithms Are Distorting Reality By Boosting Conspiracy Theories (Renee DiResta / Co.Exist)
3. Local News Startup Ripple Apologizes for Taking Other People’s News (Peter Kafka / Recode)
4. 1 in 4 UK Journalists Believe It Is ‘Justified’ to Publish Unverified Content (Alastair Reid / First Draft News)
5. Here’s the Real Story About Facebook’s Influence on Which Stories You See (Peter Kafka / Recode)