Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Mashable Lays Off Staff in ‘Strategic Shift’ Toward Video (Dylan Byers / CNNMoney)
2. Verizon to Proceed With Yahoo Bid, Google Weighs Offer (Alex Sherman, Scott Moritz, Brian Womack / Bloomberg)
3. Uh-oh, Some Publishers See a Drop in Facebook Traffic (Lucia Moses / Digiday)
4. What I Learned from Trying to Innovate at the New York Times (John Geraci / Harvard Business Review)
5. Facebook Wants You to Post More About Yourself (Sarah Frier / Bloomberg)
6. Digital Publishers Put Brave Software on Notice that Substituting Publishers’ Ads is Illegal (Newspaper Association of America)
7. Want to Start a Small Data Journalism Team in Your Newsroom? Here Are 8 Steps (Scott Klein / Poynter)