Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. As Social Shifts To Video, Content Creators Win Power And Dollars (Alex Kantrowitz / BuzzFeed)
2. Nothing Twitter Is Doing Is Working (Casey Newton / Variety)
3. Tribune Publishing Chairman Michael Ferro Says Gannett Is ‘Trying To Steal the Company’ (Michael Hiltzik / Los Angeles Times)
4. Introducing Pulse, Digiday’s Quarterly Magazine (Digiday)
5. Las Vegas Review-Journal Columnist Resigns After Paper Prevented Him From Writing About Owners (Peter Sterne / Politico Media)
6. New York Times Is Shutting Down Part Of Its Paris Operation (Ivana Kottasova / CNN Money)
7. Turner Classic Movies and the Criterion Collection Will Form a Streaming Media Supergroup (Matthew Dessem / Slate)