Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Gannett Offers $815 Million to Buy Tribune Publishing (Roger Yu / USA Today)
2. Vox Launches New Outlet, Circuit Breaker, Primarily on Facebook (John Herrman / New York Times)
3. Inspired by “Independent YouTubers,” Wary of Cable, Vox.com Takes Its Explainer Mission to Video (Laura Hazard Owen / Nieman Lab)
4. A Bright Side to the Financial Stumbles of Digital Media (Peter Eavis / New York Times)
5. Medium: A Publisher’s Perspective (Frederic Filloux / Medium)
6. Winners and Losers of Facebook’s Latest Algorithm Changes (Garett Sloane / Digiday)
7. Sources: New York Times Plans to Cut Hundreds of Jobs Later This Year (Claire Atkinson / New York Post)