Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Univision Acquires Disney’s Stake in Fusion (Alex Weprin / Politico Media)
2. Univision Said To Be Eyeing Second Half of Year for $1 Billion IPO (Jonathan Levin, Alex Barinka, Cristiane Lucchesi, Kiel Porter / Bloomberg)
3. Survey: Editors See Media Losing Ground As Legal Advocate For 1st Amendment (Jonathan Peters / Columbia Journalism Review)
4. Ev Williams’s Medium Raised $57 Million in September — Now It’s Raised Another $50 Million (Peter Kafka / Re/code)
5. Facebook’s Latest Algorithm Tweak Could Be Good News for Serious Journalism (Will Oremus / Slate)
6. “People Want to See Themselves”: Postloudness Aims to Build a Podcast Network for Diverse Voices (Ricardo Bilton / Nieman Lab)