Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. The Digital Media Bloodbath: Hundreds Of Jobs Lost (Matthew Zeitlin / BuzzFeed)
2. Twitter Has Outsized Influence, But It Doesn’t Drive Much Traffic For Most News Orgs, a New Report Says (Joseph Lichterman / Nieman Lab)
3. Former Reuters Journalist Matthew Keys Sentenced to Two Years for Hacking (Sarah Jeong / Motherboard)
4. Newsonomics: With New Roadblocks for Digital News Sites, What Happens Next? (Ken Doctor / Nieman Lab)
5. As Local Coverage Wanes, Residents Become Self-Taught Watchdogs (Miranda S. Spivack / Columbia Journalism Review)