Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. BuzzFeed Slashes Revenue Forecast: Is This the Beginning of the End of the Millennial Media Bubble? (Maya Kosoff / Vanity Fair)
2. BuzzFeed Didn’t Cut its 2016 Forecast in Half, Says BuzzFeed Chair Ken Lerer (Peter Kafka / Re/code)
3. Layoffs Hit Salon (Kelsey Sutton and Peter Sterne / Politico Media)
4. Live, Local, Late Breaking: On Facebook Live, News Outlets Take a Cue From TV (But Don’t Call It TV) (Shan Wang / Nieman Lab)
5. Facebook Says Users Show Preference For Instant Articles Over Mobile Web Articles (Jack Marshall / Wall Street Journal)
6. FBI Paid Professional Hackers One-Time Fee to Crack San Bernardino iPhone (Ellen Nakashima / Washington Post)
7. How Bloomberg’s 20-Person Graphics Team Visualizes the News (Jordan Valinsky / Digiday)