Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. U.K.’s Daily Mail Explores Bid for Yahoo Backed by Private Equity (Lukas I. Alpert and
Douglas MacMillan / Wall Street Journal)
2. The Dark Side of Guardian Comments ( Becky Gardiner, Mahana Mansfield, Ian Anderson, Josh Holder, Daan Louter and Monica Ulmanu / The Guardian)
3. In Its Fight Against Fake News, Facebook Found A Resilient Foe (Alex Kantrowitz / BuzzFeed)
4. Meet the Panama Papers Editor Who Handled 376 Reporters in 80 Countries (Eric Umansky / ProPublica)
5. No Garbage Fires Here: Medium Advances Its Quest to Gentrify the World of Internet Publishing (Laura Hazard Owen / Nieman Lab)
6. Billy Penn Owner Spirited Media Narrows Search for Second City (Kelsey Sutton / Politico Media)