Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. For News Outlets Squeezed From the Middle, It’s Bend or Bust (Jim Rutenberg / New York Times)
2. A New Understanding: What Makes People Trust and Rely On News (American Press Institute)
3. Can the Web Save the Press From Oblivion? (Tim Adams / The Guardian)
4. How Newsroom Pressure is Letting Fake Stories On To the Web (Kevin Rawlinson / The Guardian)
5. U.S. Ratchets Up Cyber Attacks on ISIS (Nancy Youssef and Shane Harris / The Daily Beast)
6. Has Desktop Internet Use Peaked? (Jack Marshall / Wall Street Journal)
7. Who Will Win the Pulitzer Prizes Today? A Survey of the Most Impressive Journalism From 2015 (Roy J. Harris Jr. / Poynter)