Each Tuesday, we curate the top stories of the week in e-books and self-publishing. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Supreme Court Denies Apple’s Appeal on E-Books, Triggering Millions in Payments (Bill Chappell / NPR)
2. How Apple and Big Publishers Pushed E-Books Toward Failure (Joshua Brustein / Bloomberg Business)
3. Nook Owners in U.K. Might Lose Access to E-Books (Richard Chirgwin / The Register)
4. Is Self-Publishing Coming of Age in the Digital World? (Dougal Shaw / BBC)
5. Millions Are About to Have Access to Free E-Books. Thanks, Obama. (Parker Molloy / Upworthy)
6. How to Get Free (or Cheap) New E-Books (Eric Griffith / PC Magazine)