Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. The Stakes in Hulk Hogan’s Gawker Lawsuit (Fabio Bertoni / New Yorker)
2. GroundSource Is Trying To Help News Sites Build Community Through Text-Message Conversations (Joseph Lichterman / Nieman Lab)
3. Paid Journalism Startup Blendle Launches In the U.S. (Joe Pompeo / Politico Media)
4. Google Is Building YouTube Connect, a Livestreaming App to Take on Periscope (Ken Yeung / Venture Beat)
5. Silicon Valley’s Stars Guess What Real Startups Do (Peter Rubin / Wired)
6. How Fortune Draws From 5,000 Outside Contributors (Lucia Moses / Digiday)