Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Measuring Donald Trump’s Mammoth Advantage in Free Media (Nicholas Confessore and Karen Yourish / New York Times)
2. Instagram Confirms It’s Changing the Feed To An Algorithm (Jordan Valinsky / Digiday)
3. Here Are 27 Ways to Think About Comments (Melody Kramer / Poynter)
4. Tightening the Screws on Anonymous Sources (Margaret Sullivan / New York Times)
5. Madhulika Sikka Leaves Mic After Brief Stint as Executive Editor (Jeremy Barr / Ad Age)
6. How to Make Twitter Actually Useful (Joanna Stern / Wall Street Journal)
7. The Atlantic is Tackling Big Issues Like Climate Change and Gun Violence By Posing More Questions (Shan Wang / NiemanLab)