Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Why Hulk Hogan’s $140 Million Gawker Verdict Is a Signpost for the Future ( Eriq Gardner / Hollywood Reporter)
2. Gannett, Nation’s Largest Newspaper Company, Invests in Billy Penn Parent (Chris Krewson / Billy Penn)
3. Vice Media Traffic Plummets, Underscoring Risky Web Strategy (Andrew Wallenstein / Variety)
4. On Twitter’s 10th Birthday, What I Learned From Rereading My 32,417 Tweets (So Far) (Harry McCracken / Fast Company)
5. Jack Dorsey on How Live Streaming a Puddle Reveals Twitter’s Past and Future (Paul Sawers / Venture Beat)
6. Medium Spins off Matter Into New Company Owned by Ev Williams (Joe Pompeo / Politico Media)