Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Apple and the Justice Department Enter the ‘Open Hostilities’ Phase of iPhone Unlocking Case (Lucas Matney and Matthew Panzarino / TechCrunch)
2. Introducing the 2016 ONA-Poynter Leadership Academy for Women in Digital Media (Katie Hawkins-Gaar / Poynter)
3. Pay Doesn’t Look the Same For Men and Women at Top Newspapers (Danielle Paquette / Washington Post)
4. The Unicorn Reckoning Is Finally Here (Thank Goodness!) (Jessi Hempel / Wired)
5. Yahoo Pacts With NHL to Live-Stream Up to 4 Free Hockey Games Weekly (Todd Spangler / Variety)
6. Marty Baron: Loss of Public Trust Is Journalism’s Greatest Challenge (World Association of Newspapers and News Publishers)