Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. A Plagiarism Scandal is Unfolding in the Crossword World (Oliver Roeder / FiveThirtyEight)
2. Cable and Telecom Giants Fight to Keep Their Grip on TV, Web (Shira Ovide / Bloomberg)
3. Millennial Reporters Grab the Campaign-Trail Spotlight (Sridhar Papu / NY Times)
4. Read and Delete: How Weibo’s Censors Tackle Dissent (Yaqiu Wang / CPJ)
5. Meerkat is Ditching the Live-Stream and Chasing a Video Social Network Instead (Kurt Wagner / Re/code)
6. Ad-Blocking is a Small Part of the Bigger Question: Who Controls the Media (Emily Bell / The Guardian)
7. Former ReadWrite Editor Owen Thomas Joins SF Chronicle as Business Editor (Owen Thomas / Medium)