Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Diving All In Or Dipping a Toe? How Publishers Are Approaching Google’s Accelerated Mobile Pages Initiative (Shan Wang / Nieman Lab)
2. ESPN’s FiveThirtyEight: ‘We Won’t Go the Way of Grantland’ (Ricardo Bilton / Digiday)
3. Facebook’s Five New Reaction Buttons: Data, Data, Data, Data, and Data (Will Oremus / Slate)
4. Google Gives Publishers What Facebook, Apple Haven’t: A Paywall (Gerry Smith / Bloomberg Business)
5. Former L.A. Times Publisher: Local News Orgs Need To Take Advantage Of Their “Unique Geography” (Joseph Lichterman / Nieman Lab)
6. Genius Hires Former Gawker Editor to Spearhead News Division (Peter Sterne / Politico Media)
7. Twitter Suspension Of Anti-Feminist Writer Sparks Conservative Ire (Alex Kantrowitz / BuzzFeed)