Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. The Ax Falls at Yahoo (Peter Sterne / Capital New York)
2. Facebook Is Opening up Instant Articles to Newsrooms Everywhere. Will a Flood of Distributed Content Follow? (Benjamin Mullin / Poynter)
3. Vox Hires Choire Sicha to Oversee Partnerships With Facebook, Snapchat (Lukas I. Alpert / Wall Street Journal)
4. SB Nation Publishes, Deletes “Complete Failure” Of A Story About Convicted Rapist Cop Daniel Holtzclaw (Barry Petchesky / Deadspin)
5. The Secret Lives of Tumblr Teens (Elspeth Reeve / The New Republic)
6. Social Media Has Turned Republican & Democratic Parties Into Host Bodies For 3rd Party Candidates (Clay Shirky / Storify)