Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. No, Amazon Is Not Planning A Network Of 300-400 Bookstores (Ingrid Lunden / TechCrunch)
2. How the Media Dealt With The Intercept’s Retracted Story on Dylann Roof’s ‘Cousin’ (Erik Wemple / Washington Post)
3. Phones Will Drive Internet Traffic Past the Zettabyte Mark This Year (Arik Hesseldahl / Re/code)
4. Public Radio Staffers Across the U.S. Lay Out New Guidelines for Podcast Audience Measurement (Shan Wang / Nieman Lab)
5. YouTube Set to Premiere First Original Movies, PewDiePie Series (Todd Spangler / Variety)
6. Square’s Guide to Supporting Female Engineers Goes Open Source (Ken Yeung / Venture Beat)
7. New York Times Co. Reports $52 Million Quarterly Profit, Digital Ad Revenue Up 11% (Sydney Ember / New York Times)