Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Yahoo for Sale, Says Yahoo, Finally Admitting the Obvious (Also Q4 Results!) (Kara Swisher / Re/code)
2. Reporter Fabricated Quotes, Invented Sources at The Intercept (J.K. Trotter / Gawker)
3. Amazon’s Novel Idea: Physical Bookstores (Carrie Mihalcik / Cnet)
4. Fact-Checkers Experiment With Snapchat, GIFs and Other Stuff Millennials ♥ (Alexios Mantzarlis / Poynter)
5. The Boston Globe Built an Election App With One Small Twist to Keep You Glued to Your Phone (Laura Hazard Owen / Nieman Lab)
6. So Long Social Media: The Kids Are Opting Out Of The Online Public Square (Felicity Duncan / The Conversation)