Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. As Publishers Lose Control, Are Newspaper Websites a Dead Parrot? (Emily Bell / The Guardian)
2. Newsonomics: The Financialization Of News is Dimming the Lights Of the Local Press (Ken Doctor / Nieman Lab)
3. Former BuzzFeed President Jon Steinberg Launches Cheddar, a CNBC for Millennials, With $3 Million in Funding (Alyson Shontell / Business Insider)
4. China’s New Online Content Rules May Pressure Foreign Media (Scott Cendrowski / Fortune)
5. Giving Young People a Chance to Grow Up Without Online Shame (Rebecca Ruiz / Mashable)
6. Yahoo Said to Start Approaching Possible Bidders Soon As Monday (Alex Sherman, Kiel Porter, Brian Womack / Bloomberg Business)
7. Stop Calling Every News Article Clickbait (Lauren Klinger and Kelly McBride / Poynter)