Each Thursday, we round up the top stories of the week in journalism education and digital learning. Sign up here to get the Journalism & Digital Education Roundup delivered to your inbox.
1. Medill Heads West, Planning to Partner Journalists with Engineers (Benjamin Mullin / Poynter)
2. In Rethinking the Future of the Maynard Institute, No Shortcuts and No Direct Answers (Shan Wang / Nieman Lab)
3. Another Group of Student Journalists is Planning an Independent Publication (Kristen Hare / Poynter)
4. Examining the Benefits, Drawbacks of Online Learning for Introverts (Jordan Friedman / US News & World Report)
5. New York State Issues Recommendations To Support Blended and Online Learning (Leila Meyer / THE Journal)
6. GOP Lawmakers Call for Firing of Mizzou Professor Who Called for ‘Muscle’ (Aamer Madhani / USA Today)
7. The Most Popular Online Course Teaches You to Learn (John Markoff / New York Times)