Each Thursday, we round up the top stories of the week in journalism education and digital learning. Sign up here to get the Journalism & Digital Education Roundup delivered to your inbox.
1. With Capitol and Campaign Hound, UNC Students Are Learning the Sales Side of Media (Joseph Lichterman / Nieman Lab)
2. Pythons, GIFs, and Naked Family Portraits: the Weirdest Things on Students’ Screens (Andy Thomason / Chronicle of Higher Education)
3. Crowdfunded Journalism: A Small but Growing Addition to Publicly Driven Journalism (Nancy Vogt and Amy Mitchell / Pew Research Center)
4. Google Expeditions Takes Students on VR Tours of Great Barrier Reef, Buckingham Palace (David Nagel / THE Journal)
5. DataBasic: A New Suite of Tools for Working and Telling Stories With Data (Aleszu Bajak / Storybench)
6. Washington State University College of Communication Dean Pintak to Resign (Dustin Brennan / The Daily Evergreen)