Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Medium’s Ev Williams: ‘It’s Going to Make Less and Less Sense to Publish on the Web’ (Eric Johnson / Re/code)
2. Deja New: Talk of Twitter as Takeover Target Is Back Again (Kurt Wagner / Re/code)
3. How Spotify Is Turning Music Streaming Into a Social Experience (Kia Kokalitcheva / Fortune)
4. This New Ad-Blocker Has a Plan to Pay Publishers (Russell Brandom / The Verge)
5. Fresh From a $700,000 Funding Round, Hearken Is Scaling Up To Sell a New Kind of Journalism (Benjamin Mullin / Poynter)
7. The ‘King of Clickbait’ On Going Viral, Why Old Media Stumbles (Benjamin Mullin / Poynter)
Correction: This article has been updated to correct the author of No. 2.