Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Inside Facebook’s Ambitious Plan to Connect the Whole World (Jessi Hempel / Wired)
2. Crowdfunded Journalism: A Small but Growing Addition to Publicly Driven Journalism (Nancy Vogt and Amy Mitchell / Pew Research Center)
3. Gawker Media Is On The Hunt For Outside Investor Cash (Brendan James / International Business Times)
4. Nielsen Wants to Watch You Talk to Your Facebook Friends About What You Watch on TV (Peter Kafka / Re/code)
5. How Four Publishers Are Messaging Ad-Blocking Users (Sarah Sluis / Ad Exchanger)
6. Pinterest Is About to Get Into Video Advertising (Garett Sloane / Digiday)
7. Netflix Misses U.S. Subscriber Target, Stock Climbs Anyway (Mathew Ingram / Fortune)