Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Al Jazeera America Terminates All TV and Digital Operations (Glenn Greenwald / The Intercept)
2. Why Al Jazeera America Was Destined to Fail (Jordan Weissmann / Slate)
3. The Verge Co-Founder Josh Topolsky Is Raising Money to Launch a Media Startup (Noah Kulwin / Re/Code)
4. People Don’t Want to Trade Privacy for Targeted Ads (Rick Edmonds / Poynter)
5. How Snapchat Plans to Compete With Facebook for Advertisers’ Dollars (Tim Peterson / AdAge)
6. Many Americans Say They Might Provide Personal Information, Depending (Lee Rainie and Maeve Duggan / Pew Research Center)
7. BBC Risks Excluding Viewers by Prioritizing Online Content (Paul Revoir / The Guardian)
Correction: This post has been updated to correct a type on No. 6.