Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Yahoo Shuts Down Its Video Portal (Vindu Goel / New York Times)
2. Why Medium as the Internet’s Op-Ed Page is Not a Bad Idea (Mathew Ingram / Fortune)
3. Peak Content: The Collapse of the Attention Economy (Kevin Anderson / The MediaBriefing)
4. Time Warner’s Turner Seeks To Replace Some TV Ads With Native Ads (Brian Steinberg / Variety)
5. Digital Publishers Face a Winter of Discontent (Ricardo Bilton / Digiday)
6. Millennials’ Views of News Media, Religious Organizations Grow More Negative (Hannah Fingerhut / Pew Research Center)
7. Facebook Just Gave Us One More Reason Never to Trust It (Casey Newton / The Verge)