Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Why Doesn’t Silicon Valley Hire Black Coders? (Vauhini Vara / Bloomberg Businessweek)
2. Newsonomics: The Hard Realities of Philly’s Hail Mary Nonprofit Reorganization (Ken Doctor / Nieman Lab)
3. Facebook Just Tossed a Grenade Into ESPN’s Locker Room (Mathew Ingram / Fortune)
4. Quartz Sees Its Readers’ Behaviors Evolving, So It’s Evolving With Them: It’s Launching Its First Major App (Joseph Lichterman / Nieman Lab)
5. Facebook’s New Tools for Publishers Help Target the News to Your Interests (Owen Williams / The Next Web)
6. Why The New York Times Finds Podcasting To Be a ‘Natural Fit’ For Its Modern Love Column (Jordan Valinsky / Digiday)