Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. As Jason Rezaian Goes Free, Press Freedom Worldwide Remains Imperiled (Al Tompkins / Poynter)
2. Area Satirical Publication The Onion Sold To Univision (Seriously) (David Folkenflik / NPR)
3. Former BuzzFeed COO Jon Steinberg Hires Yahoo Executive for His Online News Startup (Ina Fried / Re/code)
4. Viral Publishers, Seeing Fewer Facebook Clicks, Shift Focus to Video (Ricardo Bilton / Digiday)
5. PBS Teams With NPR for 2016 Election, Sharing Video, Audio and Digital (Elizabeth Wagmeister / Variety)
6. How Obit Site Legacy Combats Trolling the Deceased ( Lucia Moses / Digiday)