1. European lawmakers vote in support of Edward Snowden (Conor Friedersdorf / The Atlantic)
2. New York Times looks for ways to fight ad blocking (Nathalie Tadena / Wall Street Journal)
3. Spotify helps to beat music piracy, European Commission finds (via TorrentFreak)
4. Facebook to bring the next billion people online (and help marketers reach them, too) (Harry McCracken / Fast Company)
5. Laboratory for Social Machines building an alternative to horse-race journalism (William Powers / Knight Foundation)
6. Tor just launched the easiest app yet for anonymous, encrypted IM (Andy Greenberg / Wired)
7. Is there an ideal time of day to read news? (Laura Hazard Owen / Nieman Lab)
8. The demographics of device ownership (Monica Anderson / Pew Research Center)
Our Daily Must Reads come out Monday through Friday.
Subscribe on this page to have them sent directly to your email inbox!