Title: How to Start a Podcast
Instructor: Meagan Francis, Podcast Creator, “Life, Listened” Network
A beginner’s guide to audio podcasting
Podcasts are having more than a moment – they’re in the middle of a revolution. According to recent research, consumption of podcasts grew 25% from 2013 to 2014, and that number continues to grow. But there’s still plenty of opportunity to jump on board this emerging medium to increase your authority, develop new skills, reach your audience in a new way…and even develop a brand-new audience that might otherwise never have found you.
In this session we’ll cover the basics of getting your podcast off the ground. Don’t let this exciting moment pass you by! The technology is manageable even for relative luddites, and if you start your podcast now, you’ll be part of an exciting movement and meet an audience that’s hungry for content.
What you’ll learn from this training:
- Why podcast? Whether your goal is to grow a platform or increase revenues, a podcast might be an important part of your career portfolio.
- What obstacles might I encounter, and how can I overcome them? Common pitfalls new podcasters face, with tips for getting around them and producing a quality show.
- What services and software will I need? I’ll walk you through some popular options for recording, editing, hosting, publishing, analyzing and even promoting your podcast. We’ll take a close look at costs involved and what you might expect to invest.
- What do I do now? You’ll receive a step-by-step checklist to follow once our session is over, so that you can take what you’ve learned and get started right away.
- A step-by-step checklist to help you work through the steps you’ll need to follow to get your podcast off the ground.
- A resource list packed with tested and trusted software, subscriptions and services to get you off on the right foot.
Who should take this training:
- Journalists, authors, online personalities, and anyone else who is intrigued by the idea of reaching an audience via audio content (but isn’t sure where to start.)
- Business owners who see the marketing potential of podcasts but need a little hand-holding to get one off the ground
- Anyone who likes to talk and has always dreamed of having his or her own radio show. WIth so little barrier to entry, now is the time!
Date and Time: October 21, 2015 at 1 pm ET / 10 am PT
Note: If you can’t attend the live session, you can still register and see the archived video and ask questions of the instructor. Registration for BigMarker is required.
About the Instructor:
Meagan Francis is an author, blogger and the creator of the “Life, Listened” podcast network (www.lifelistened.com) on which she hosts or co-hosts four programs, including The Mom Hour and The Home Hour. The author of four books and the popular home and family blog The Happiest Home, Meagan has been creating content for a living since 2003 and considers podcasting an exciting new way for writers and online personalities to build their brands and earn income.