Instructor: Lisa Bream, Professorial Lecturer, American University
Crafting a Visual Message For An Online Audience
You may have been thinking lately about broadening the reach of your company or organization’s message. This seminar will consider why a shareable short web video just might be the best vehicle for your message. It will also help you to focus your planning on what you want to say as well consider how the best short web videos are both engaging and visually rich.
Along the way we’ll discuss changing needs for videos intended for an online audience as well as take a look at some compelling examples of video messaging done right. We will also discuss considerations for videos that might be shared over a variety of different devices and how transmedia story telling can engage your audience over a variety of modalities.
What you’ll learn from this training:
- Why use a video for your message?
- What considerations need to be made for an increasingly online audience?
- New opportunities in online storytelling
- Why a compelling message never goes out of style
- The importance of targeting a theme for your message
- Slide deck will be available for download after presentation
- Links for continued learning will be shared
Who should take this training:
- Individuals considering creating a video for a specific purpose
- Individuals tasked with creating a visual message
Date and Time: September 30, 2015; 1 pm ET / 10 am PT
Note: If you can’t attend the live session, you can still register and see the archived video and ask questions of the instructor. Registration for BigMarker is required.
About the Instructor:
Lisa Bream is a Professorial Lecturer in the Film and Media Arts department at American University. With a background in documentary filmmaking, Lisa found herself pulled into new forms of visual communication during the Internet boom of the late nineties. She has spent the last 15 years teaching classes in motion graphics, web, video and digital design in addition to providing consulting services for a wide variety of digital projects.