1. Apple and other tech companies tangle with U.S. over data access (Matt Apuzzo, David E. Sanger & Michael S. Schmidt / New York Times)
2. BBC will offer staff and content to help local newspapers (Jane Martinson / Guardian)
3. Snapchat viewers are quick to skip video ads if brands don’t impress (Garett Sloane / Digiday)
4. Mail Online sues Gawker after facing ‘hatred and ridicule’ over plagiarism claims (Dominic Ponsford / Press Gazzette)
5. How do you tell a story in virtual reality? (Eric Johnson / Re/code)
Our Must Reads come out Monday through Friday.
Sign up on this page, and we will deliver them directly to your inbox.