1. The New York Times creates fellowship for David Carr (Benjamin Mullin / Poynter)
2. Netflix and Amazon users sue to stop Chicago’s 9% streaming tax (Jeff John Roberts / Fortune)
3. How live video on Periscope helped ‘get inside’ the Syrian refugees story (Stuart Dredge / Guardian)
4. Readers will finish long stories—especially if they come from a trusted source (Michelle Levine, Anna Hiatt & Michael Shapiro / Columbia Journalism Review)
5. The new Apple TV is great for Web video, but it’s no TV-killer (Sahil Patel / Digiday)
6. How crowdfunding is fueling the avant garde (Alison Flood / Guardian)
Our Must Reads come out Monday through Friday.
We’ll send them directly to your email inbox if you subscribe on this page!