1. #GamerGate: Here’s why everybody in the video game world is fighting (Todd VanDerWerff/ Vox)
2. Twitter introduces “buy” buttons so you can shop from tweets (Jason Del Rey / Re/code)
3. Subreddit where people were posting the celebrity nude images banned (Pamela Engel / Business Insider)
4. Inside Storyful’s revamped newswire service (Alastair Reid / Journalism.co.uk)
5. Why California’s smartphone ‘kill switch’ law should concern journalists (Jonathan Peters / Columbia Journalism Review)
6. What place does a journalist’s opinion have in the digital space? (Kellie Riordan / Guardian)
PBS MediaShift’s Daily Must Reads are curated by our social media editor, Julie Keck. Julie has shared her insights on filmmaking, social media marketing, and crowdfunding at the University of Notre Dame, SXSW, Northwestern University, DePaul University, the Chicago International Film Festival, and beyond. She is the Chief Creative Officer at the niche video site tellofilms.com and co-author of Social Media Charm School.