2. BuzzFeed wants to beef up its business news (Peter Kafka / Re/code)
3. My take: There are so many takes now because no one is guaranteed an audience (Mathew Ingram / GigaOm)
4. Michael Bloomberg to return to lead company he founded (Andrew Ross Sorkin / New York Times)
5. Merged newsroom boosts St. Louis Public Radio’s response to tumult in Ferguson (Ben Mook / Current.org)
6. Vice lands 2nd investment, to fuel expansion (Emily Steel / New York Times)
Courtney Lowery Cowgill is a writer, editor, teacher and farmer. As an editor, she works as the managing editor of PBS MediaShift. As a teacher, she’s an adjunct professor at the University of Montana School of Journalism, specializing in teaching feature writing, legislative reporting, rural journalism and online journalism. Formerly, she was the editor in chief of the online magazine NewWest.Net, which she co-founded. Before that, worked as a newswoman for the Associated Press. When she’s not writing or editing, she’s helping her husband wrangle 150 heritage turkeys, 30 acres of food, overgrown weeds or their young children.