The Digital Book World E-Book Best-Seller list tracks e-book sales ranking and price data across six major e-book retailers with the goal of providing the most accurate picture of which e-books are most often purchased by consumers and at what price point. The full methodology is available here.
This week, Liane Moriarty’s The Husband’s Secret gained three spots to overtake last week’s number one e-book, Killing Jesus: A History by Bill O’Reilly and Martin Dugard.
The average e-book bestseller price climbed higher. Nearly all of the top-ranked titles above $3 this week are from legacy publishers, with Penguin Random House titles accounting for 10 of the top 25 listed e-books.
Here are the top ten bestsellers for the week ending 10-13-13:
1. “The Husband’s Secret” by Liane Moriarty; Penguin Random House; $5.99
2. “The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus Series #4)” by Rick Riordan; Disney-Hyperion; $9.99
3. “Gone (Michael Bennett)” by James Patterson; Michael Ledwidge; Hachette; $11.99
4. “My Story” by Elizabeth Smart; Chris Stewart; Macmillan; $10.99
5. “Killing Jesus: A History” by Bill O’Reilly; Martin Dugard; Macmillan; $11.04
6. “Doctor Sleep: A Novel” by Stephen King; Simon & Schuster; $10.99
7. “The Longest Ride” by Nicholas Sparks; Hachette; $10.99
8. “Gone Girl: A Novel” by Gillian Flynn; Penguin Random House; $4.99
9. “Ender’s Game: 1 (The Ender Quintet)” by Orson Scott Card; Macmillan; $3.98
10. “Never Go Back: A Jack Reacher Novel” by Lee Child; Penguin Random House; $10.99
Deanna Utroske is the Content Producer at Digital Book World and a member of New York Women in Communications, where she’s the Social Media Brand Director and actively involved with the Integrated Marketing & Communications Committee. Previously, Deanna worked in the editorial office of Signs: Journal of Women in Culture and Society, a publication of the University of Chicago Press.