The Digital Book World E-Book Best-Seller list tracks e-book sales ranking and price data across six major e-book retailers with the goal of providing the most accurate picture of which e-books are most often purchased by consumers and at what price point. The full methodology is available here.
Penguin Random House is the big winner on the best-seller list this week — and it looks like it might be that way for weeks to come. The publishing giant has nine out of the top-25 spots and four out of the top-ten.
Further, if you dive deeper into the DBW lists, Penguin Random House has captured all ten spots on the $10 and up list and nine of ten spots on the $8.00 to $9.99 list. There’s a good explanation for this. Read more.
1. “Inferno: A Novel (Robert Langdon)” by Dan Brown; Penguin Random House; $12.99
2. “Second Honeymoon” by James Patterson and Howard Roughan; Hachette; $7.49
3. “And the Mountains Echoed: A Novel” by Khaled Hosseini; Penguin Random House; $10.99
4. “This Man Confessed (This Man Trilogy)” by Jodi Ellen Malpas; Hachette; $5.51
5. “The One I Left Behind” by Jennifer McMahon; HarperCollins; $1.99
6. “Entwined with You (Crossfire Trilogy Series #3)” by Sylvia Day; Penguin Random House; $8.89
7. “Divergent” by Veronica Roth; HarperCollins; $4.99
8. “Gone Girl: A Novel” by Gillian Flynn; Penguin Random House; $12.99
9. “Damaged 2″ by H.M. Ward; Self-published; $3.99
10. “Damaged” by H.M. Ward; Self-published; $0.99
Jeremy Greenfield is responsible for managing all editorial content on DigitalBookWorld.com, including the DBW Expert Publishing Blog, the Digital Book Wire and editorial email and social media communications. Prior to joining Digital Book World in October 2011, Jeremy spent three years as a careers editor at FINS.com. Jeremy lives and works in New York City and is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania.