The Digital Book World E-Book Best-Seller list tracks e-book sales ranking and price data across five major e-book retailers with the goal of providing the most accurate picture of which e-books are most often purchased by consumers and at what price point. The full methodology is available here.
Big publishers and big-name authors are once again dominating this week’s ebook best-seller list, as self-published authors have had few hits in the past month or so compared with the earlier part of the year. One standout is Abbi Glines, who clocks in at No. 4 with her hit Forever Too Far, which, unlike many best-selling self-published titles, which are usually $0.99 or $1.99, is priced at $3.99.
Here’s how the rest of the top 10 shakes out:
1. “Inferno: A Novel (Robert Langdon)” by Dan Brown; Random House; $12.99
2. “Entwined with You (Crossfire Trilogy Series #3)” by Sylvia Day; Penguin; $9.99
3. “And the Mountains Echoed: A Novel” by Khaled Hosseini; Penguin; $12.99
4. “Forever Too Far” by Abbi Glines; Self-published; $3.99
5. “Bad Monkey” by Carl Hiaasen; Random House; $12.99
6. “World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War” by Max Brooks; Random House; $9.99
7. “The Hit (Will Robie)” by David Baldacci; Hachette; $8.99
8. “Gone Girl: A Novel” by Gillian Flynn; Random House; $12.99
9. “The Heist: A Novel” by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg; Random House; $13.99
10. “The Empty Chair: A Novel” (Lincoln Rhyme Novels) by Jeffery Deaver; Simon & Schuster; $0.99
Jeremy Greenfield is responsible for managing all editorial content on DigitalBookWorld.com, including the DBW Expert Publishing Blog, the Digital Book Wire and editorial email and social media communications. Prior to joining Digital Book World in October 2011, Jeremy spent three years as a careers editor at FINS.com. Jeremy lives and works in New York City and is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania.
Starting with the only conference designed to address the radically changing commercial publishing environment, Digital Book World has evolved into a year-round platform offering educational and networking resources for consumer publishing professionals and their partners — including agents, booksellers and technology vendors — online and in person.