Netizen Report: Scholars in Colombia, Kazakhstan Face Legal Challenges for Sharing Research
Futures Lab Update #112: Digital Story Formats That Add Context and History
How a Mini-Hack Can Move Students Forward
Your guide to the digital media revolution
With your hostMark Glaser
1. How Google did the right thing with the NASCAR crash, and why it matters (PaidContent.org)
2. Penguin profits fall, but digital sales are up, accounting for 30% of American revenue (The Bookseller)
3. ‘Inocente’ makes history as first Kickstarter-funded film to win an Oscar (The Verge)
4. White House directive makes digital scientific data funded by the federal government more accessible to the public (The Hill)
5. As Nook sales slip, Barnes and Noble expected to report more losses (memeburn)
6. The Onion backtracks on offensive tweet about young Oscar nominee (CNet)
Check out MediaShift Sponsorship opportunities!
Mediatwits #166: Why Diversity in the Newsroom is Crucial
Subscribe in YouTube
Subscribe in RSS
Subscribe in SoundCloud
Subscribe in iTunes
MediaShift explains how traditional media such as newspapers, magazines, radio, TV, music and movies are changing with digital disruption and adapting their business models for a more mobile, networked world.
If you're interested in submitting a guest column, see our guidelines here.