The best stories across the web on media and technology, curated by Nathan Gibbs
1. Somalia’s Islamist insurgents embrace Twitter as a weapon (New York Times)
3. Readers return to brick-and-mortar stores for holiday book purchases (New York Times)
4. Vivian Schiller on the launch of a web-first politics site for NBC News (Nieman Journalism Lab)
5. Smartphone market share reaches 44% (MediaPost)
6. New website will offer Groupon-style deals on e-books (paidContent)
Subscribe to our daily Must Reads email newsletter and get the links in your in-box every weekday!