Kris Krüg is a designer, writer, photographer, and webmonkey based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Constantly challenging himself by shooting diverse subjects from emerging rock bands to dot-com execs, Kris uses his engaging personality to break down the barriers between lens and subject. Kris is a fervent evangelist for open culture and Creative Commons licensing and frequently speaks at conferences and the media about the blurring lines between pro and amateur, shifting copyright standards and using technology to promote and share artistic work. Kris realizes art isn’t created in a vacuum and a vibrant community is key for culture to flourish. With this in mind, he organizes photowalks and workshops for newbies and veterans alike to encourage knowledge sharing and collaboration.
Mediatwits Google Hangout
Mediatwits on SoundCloud
MediaShift delivers the best news on media and technology directly to your in-box.
Best of Mediashift
- Did Apple Just Kill Local News?
- How to Self-Publish Your Book on a Budget
- Exploring the 7 Different Types of Data Stories
- Have We Come Too Far With Digital Photography?
- Cutting the Cord 2015: A Special Series on Streaming TV
- Your Guide to Cutting the Cord to Cable TV
- How Student Media are Approaching a Tipping Point on Print
- DigitalEd: Reinventing Student Media for the Digital Age
Get MediaShift Daily via Email
Follow us on Social
Who we Are
MediaShift explains how traditional media such as newspapers, magazines, radio, TV, music and movies are changing with digital disruption and adapting their business models for a more mobile, networked world.
If you're interested in submitting a guest column, see our guidelines here.